That barnyard game that your student’s love so much is now digital! AND EDITABLE! Your students are going to have so much fun playing this interactive game! You can use this game in teletherapy on a computer, on a smartboard or on your iPad!
This PowerPoint game is formatted to be editable so you can add your own targets to show up under the animal tokens! You can also choose to play the open-ended version if you like, it has the same animal tokens, you just don’t add your targets under them.
DIGITAL BARN BINGO GAME FOR SPEECH THERAPY
How Game Play Works:
- Insert the tokens into the barn (by clicking on them) and hear the animal sounds as they fly in.
- Click the spinner button to bring up the spinner. Then spin a color. (For younger children who need fewer steps, don’t bring up the spinner and instead just have them press a colored button.)
- The spinner will land on a color, now hit the corresponding colored button and the yellow lever will pull down (with a fun sound effect) and pop out an animal token of that color.
- At this point, I like to have my students find the match on the bingo boards. We can discuss same and different, as well as other language concepts (obviously, skip this if it doesn’t apply to your child’s goals).
- We can then check our matching skills by clicking the token and it will float down onto its bingo board.
- Optional step: If you have added your targets to the game, this is when you can click the token and it will flip over to reveal your target image. In the open-ended version fo this game you wouldn’t do this step.
You will need to open this game in the desktop version of PowerPoint (2016 or newer). We can NOT guarantee this will work in the browser-based web app version of PowerPoint on a computer. This game works in PowerPoint for Mac and Windows.
This game can be used on an iPad but first you need to edit it on your computer. Once you have added your targets you can send the file to your iPad and open it in the iPad app version of PowerPoint. A tutorial is included that shows you how to do this.
To play these games in teletherapy you need to open the game on your computer and then share your screen within your teletherapy platform. Then IF your platform allows it you can share mouse controls so the student can interact with the game. This step is NOT essential, you can still use these in a fun engaging way without giving mouse controls, you can just interact with the game for the student. In this situation I have the student tell me what to choose and when to do certain things in the game. It helps them maintain a sense of control and participation.
DOWNLOAD YOUR DIGITAL BARN BINGO HERE
This is a digital, no print, PowerPoint games! It work interactively on your device. Please read the information provided above regarding which software you will need to use this game. We have provided links to tutorial videos in the downloads. You can also find the tutorial videos linked below.
DIGITAL BARN BINGO
Click the download button/s to start the download. Our resources are jam-packed with goodness and sometimes that means the download may take a few moments longer than you expected. Please be patient, these activities are worth the wait! Once downloaded, the files will likely save to your downloads folder on your computer. Be sure to remove them from the folder they were downloaded in and save them somewhere easy to access on your computer. Don’t forget to watch the tutorial video provided with the download so you get the most out of these fun and engaging resources!
We want you to feel confident using our materials, so we provide detailed tutorial videos with every download. Click the buttons below to learn more about setting up and using this material. In some of our tutorial videos, we show this activity available on Teachers Pay Teachers, but if you are a Simply Speaking SLP Club member, you don’t need to access these on TPT, you can download the materials right from this page.