In this Digital Treasure Hunt Game for Speech Therapy players search a pirate ship to find the keys that open the treasure chests. Will you open the correct chest and find the treasure!?
Your students are going to have so much fun playing this interactive game! You can use this game in teletherapy on a computer, on a smartboard or on your iPad! As the player/s search the ship their speech and language targets will also appear!
THREE WAYS TO PLAY
- You can choose to play one of the 56 included games that include speech and language targets.
- OR you can create your own version of this game by inserting your own image targets!
- OR you can play open-ended (just swap out the graphics on the editable version for pictures of keys).
DIGITAL TREASURE HUNT GAME FOR SPEECH THERAPY
- 56 Game Files – Each targets a different area of speech and langauge.
- An Editable Version – Add your own graphics to the treasure hunt game.
- A Detailed Video Tutorials – PLEASE watch the provided tutorial video so you can get the most out of your purchase. You can find it linked in the download, or watch it here before you buy.
PHONEMES (1 game for each: initial, medial and final):
- l blends (just initial)
- s blends (just initial)
- r blends (just initial)
- Early verbs
- Irregular Plurals
- Irregular Verbs
- Object Function
- Generic Items (open ended)
SYLLABLE SHAPES AND PHONOLOGICAL AWARENESS TARGETS:
- 1 Syllable Words
- 2 Syllable Words
- 3 Syllable Words
- 4 Syllable Words
- 5 Syllable Words
- CV Words
- VC Words
- CV Words
- CVC Words
- CVCV Words
- CCVC Words
- CVCC Words
If you are using these on a computer, you will need to open them in the desktop version of PowerPoint (2016 or newer). We can NOT guarantee these will work in the browser-based web app version of PowerPoint on a computer.
* If you want to add your own targets you need to edit the game on your computer, even if you intend to use it on an iPad afterward. For editing, you need the paid version of PowerPoint, not the read-only version! HOWEVER, even without the editing capabilities, you can still play this game and as-is this is a comprehensive articulation, and open-ended, game.
To play these games in teletherapy you need to open the game on your computer and then share your screen within your teletherapy platform. Then IF your platform allows it you can share mouse controls so the student can interact with the game. This step is NOT essential, you can still use these in a fun engaging way without giving mouse controls, you can just interact with the game for the student. This game is set up to work great without giving mouse controls, the student names the intersection which means they are practicing their speech words while also having their turn! Then the therapist then clicks the tile at the intersection the child named.
DOWNLOAD THE DIGITAL TREASURE HUNT GAMES HERE
This is a digital, no print, PowerPoint game! It works interactively on your device. Please read the information provided above regarding which software you will need to use them. We have provided links to tutorial videos in the downloads. You can also find the tutorial videos linked below.
These are large files so we have provided a cloud link to make downloading easier for you. When you hit the download button below you will be redirected to the file download page. You can then choose to download all the files by hitting ‘download’. Alternatively, if you only want to download certain files, you can choose just the files you want to download (using the dot buttons on the left of each file) THEN hit the ‘download’ button.
Our resources are jam-packed with goodness and sometimes that means the download may take a few moments longer than you expected. Please be patient, these activities are worth the wait! Once downloaded, the files will likely save to your downloads folder on your computer. Be sure to remove them from the folder they were downloaded in and save them somewhere easy to access on your computer. Don’t forget to watch the tutorial video provided with the download so you get the most out of these fun and engaging resources!
We want you to feel confident using our materials, so we provide detailed tutorial videos with every download. Click the buttons below to learn more about setting up and using this material. In some of our tutorial videos, we show this activity available on Teachers Pay Teachers, but if you are a Simply Speaking SLP Club member, you don’t need to access these on TPT, you can download the materials right from this page.