This Digital Ugly Duckling Story Companion for Teletherapy is so versatile! Use this story companion along with a fairytale classic to target many areas of speech and language. This interactive document is made to be used in PowerPoint (edit mode) during teletherapy sessions. You could also use it in person if you have access to a computer in your session. This story companion is SO versatile because it targets so many different areas of speech and language. You could use it over and over again all week long!
- A PowerPoint file with over 100 slides that target different areas of speech and language (more info below).
- A link to a video of the story (this is just a recommendation, it is not my video and I can not guarantee it will always be on youtube.) You can use this companion with other versions of the Ugly Duckling story too.
- A Detailed Video Tutorials – PLEASE watch the provided tutorial video so you can get the most out of your purchase. You can find it linked in the download, or watch it here before you buy.
DIGITAL UGLY DUCKLING STORY COMPANION FOR TELETHERAPY
Included Targets & Activities Based on the Story:
- Story Retell
- Story Sequencing
- Prepositions across 3 different activity types.
- Pronouns 3 different activity types.
- Wh Questions (who, what, when, where, why)
- Inference Questions
- Compare & Contrast
- Editable Articulation Board Game (add your own word list)
- Open-Ended Barrier Game for Language
- Editable Scene Builder Game (add any typed or image targets)
You will need to open this activity in the desktop version of PowerPoint. We can NOT guarantee this will work in the browser-based web app version of PowerPoint on a computer. This game works in PowerPoint for Mac and Windows. YOU USE THIS ACTIVITY IN EDIT MODE! DON’T ENTER PRESENT MODE!
This activity is not recommended for iPad use. If you want to use this in person we recommend taking a laptop to your sessions.
To use this teletherapy you need to open the file n your computer and then share your screen within your teletherapy platform. Then IF your platform allows it you can share mouse controls so the student can interact with the game. This step is NOT essential, you can still use these in a fun engaging way without giving mouse controls, you can just interact with the game for the student. In this situation I have the student tell me what to choose and when to do certain things in the game. It helps them maintain a sense of control and participation.
DOWNLOAD YOUR STORY COMPANION HERE
This is a digital, no print, PowerPoint file! It work interactively on your device. Please read the information provided above regarding which software you will need to use this game. We have provided links to tutorial videos in the downloads. You can also find the tutorial videos linked below.
Ugly Duckling Story Companion
Click the download button/s to start the download. Our resources are jam-packed with goodness and sometimes that means the download may take a few moments longer than you expected. Please be patient, these activities are worth the wait! Once downloaded, the files will likely save to your downloads folder on your computer. Be sure to remove them from the folder they were downloaded in and save them somewhere easy to access on your computer. Don’t forget to watch the tutorial video provided with the download so you get the most out of these fun and engaging resources!
This is the companion file.
We want you to feel confident using our materials, so we provide detailed tutorial videos with every download. Click the buttons below to learn more about setting up and using this material. In some of our tutorial videos, we show this activity available on Teachers Pay Teachers, but if you are a Simply Speaking Club member, you don’t need to access these on TPT, you can download the materials right from this page.